We prepared to leave chamberlin early so we could get a good start. The day was very interesting and exciting.
We got up early and had are usual breakfast of fruit and peanut butter and headed out. Bill stopped me and we talked a minute and I said Jeneca was having some knee problems. He offered to look at her bike and riding position. He found her shoes needed to have the cleats adjusted and her wheel needed to trued up. He made the adjustments and her knee pain went away. I am now a firm believer in making sure you have your bike fitted correctly.
Bill suggested we both take a bicycle maintance class at our local bike club so we can do simple maintance. Jeneca and I are going to take a class. As for repairs on the trip we have only had a few minor things happen.
1. Jeneca got a flat in Indiana. The result was getting help and meeting a great couple who let ua stay at thier house one night.
2. My rear tire was wearing out, must be all the weight I am packing on the back of the bike. I replaced it in saint Joseph missouri.
3. I broke a spoke and had to replace it.
4. Jeneca's biking shoes were to small so she replaced them. Then the new shoes came apart. I wont mention the brand yet. If the replace them you will hear about how great they are if they give her a haed time you will hear about that also.
5. Jeneca lost a shifting screw. We found one that fixed the problem and had a bike shop named 360 bikes in Zanesville ohio file it down and make if fit perfectly.
That has been it really pretty uneventful.
We need to get back to federal way so we are planning on getting to rapid city south dakota so we can figure out the best plan to get done a little early.